Here are some great moments of the past few weeks:
- June 21st at 6 weeks - She smiled for the first time in response to us!!! That was amazing. Jared kept trying to get a smile out of her and I thought that he wasn't going to be successful for a while but he was! And now she smiles all the time you just have to get her eye contact. We love it.
- June 24th - She went to her first movie, "Knight and Day." She did pretty well I was surprised. She was asleep for most of it and then got hungry so I actually pulled out the nursing cover and fed her right there which she was happy about. Then as she was eating I felt my stomach get really warm fast and I was confused until I felt the warm wetness had originated from her overly full diaper. She wet on me! I didn't want to miss the movie so I was about to change her diaper right on my lap when Jared shocked said, "What are you doing? Don't change her right here." So I stopped and just let her sit in her overfull diaper because I didn't want to miss the ending. I felt like a bad mom but I think she's over it.
- June 25th - she went to the beach for the first time. It was chilly so she was in a little tent most of the time but I think she enjoyed her time there.
- July 4th 7 weeks - She had her baby blessing which was very nice
So we had some pretty fun times with her these passed few weeks. We were in California with Jared's family for week 6 which was so much fun. I'm glad she started smiling then for them and that she could be with her cousins - especially Lindsay and Grant's daughter Capri who is only two months older than her. They were the two little blobs that we enjoyed taking care of together.
So with her sleep she has been all over the place really and backtracked a little in California, but last night she was out for 7 hours and 45 minutes!!! That's huge! Yay! I want to throw a little party for myself. I appreciate all your advice on sleep. It definitely helps and I think about your suggestions as I go throughout the day. I have to say that the book, "On Becoming BabyWise" is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have had multiple people swear by it and I wasn't totally convinced until about the 5th person said it was awesome. I read most of it and then only did it halfway for a while because I couldn't stand to wake her up if she fell asleep eating when I was so tired. But the days that I am really good with it she takes the most amazing naps and they are predictable so I can accomplish things throughout the day and plan out what's going to happen. I am now a huge fan, because sleep is everything.
3 comments:
HOW NEAT!! how silly are we as parents to shout hooray for every little milestone they do. You are a great mom!! Somedays I wish I could go back to just the 1st born child. SUCK IT ALL IN....life changes it soo quickly.
sleep IS everything for happy babies and happy moms!!! Go Jenna! I seriously had to read that book a little each day, it really helps when you are trying to problem solve and work out the kinks!
So happy that you are enjoying motherhood so fully. Little L is adorable.
Post a Comment