A big thing happened since last time I blogged... I started couponing among other things! I feel way awesome for doing it. Ok but that's actually pretty small in comparison to having a baby which really is the exciting thing of my life really. She has changed everything and its amazing.
Just for a catch-up here are some pregnant pictures:
And because I am really bad I don't have very many. I wanted to be awesome like Venna and take a picture every week to see how it progressed, but then I was too lazy to get in the same outfit every week and take a picture. So this is me in the beginning and the date on the picture is January so I guess it was when I was about 4 or 5 months along. (I had the hardest time telling people how far along I was in months. Way too confusing for me. Technically there are 40 weeks of pregnancy which would equal 10 months but the first 4 weeks don't really count. Then you get these print outs at the doctor that say you are in your 4th month or whatever and it really means that you are 3 months along. So confusing and I might still have it wrong. I was so happy when I could just tell people how many weeks left. That was much easier.)
This is when I had three weeks until my due date and 4 weeks until she was born.
And this is Jared and I when we were going to the hospital. Really weird. Ok no I just like this picture.
I feel very fortunate with how the pregnancy went. I didn't get sick, I didn't have any complications, I wasn't too uncomfortable and she came out healthy. My only really weird thing was that my eye sight became really bad. It was making me nervous because I had lasik surgery not too long ago so to have my eyes go bad was a terrible thing. I was thinking that I needed to get glasses again, but I read in the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book and it mentioned in there that some people's eyes get bad during pregnancy and then return to normal afterwards. I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that, but I talked to a few ladies who told me their eyesight didn't get better. How bizarre huh? I think mine are getting better slowly because I could actually see the numbers for the hymns in sacrament meeting last week which was such a luxury. Seriously my eyes were so bad that I almost thought it was scary to drive, but I did it anyway and somehow everyone and everything survived.
Finally the main event. Our sweet little baby Londyn Rose Garns. She was 8.7 lbs and 20 inches long. I could not believe it when they told me that was how much she weighed. So crazy that a baby that big was hanging out it my stomach.
I like this because it shows off her little mullet in the back. It's so thick at her neck and right on top. Very stylish.
She just looks so helpless and smooshed in this so I had to include it.
Here's the Fam that night she was born.
This is when she was 4 days old.
Here she is 10 days old. I love that I caught this on camera.
And this is that same day. She's just hanging out on her changing pad which she loves and makes sure that she lets out her rockets there. Just putting her on that pad makes her go. It's pretty amazing. Everytime she does go we always congratulate her and tell her good job which I never quite feel as encouraged and rewarded in my experiences.
I'll put up more pictures of her later. She's such a cute little bundle. We love her.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh jenna...I am so proud of you for having a baby! (and for blogging again, i love reading your thoughts) She is perfectly beautiful, I've enjoyed seeing the photos. Also, speaking of couponing-- have you heard of this site? It has tons of coupons/free samples/etc. it's very fun. p.s. If you blog again soon, I'd love to hear your birth story! (what happened, what labor is like, etc...) I love hearing about those things for some reason.
Congrats! I'm so glad you updated your blog! I need to keep caught up on your lives!!! She is so cute and I can't wait to meet her in person and see you and Jared!!! Hopefully it happens sooner than later!
I love your post...I am so glad you stopped by, I hope you will do it more often. sounds like things are going well, Each baby stage there is always challenges and lots of advice. I hope you keep blogging, it's a good way of keeping track of how they grow.
Yeah, she is a doll!!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! you came back to life!! I love the pictures of her... I can't wait to hold that sweet little girl :) keep up the pics. I love seeing how she changes. See you soon. Love ya
Jenna I'm so glad that you got on the blog wagon again! I just randomly checked and I was so happy to find a new post :) I LOVE the pics of your little angel. I hope I can meet her sometime if you make a trip out to see Jared's family. Please let us know if that happens and we will come and see her in a heartbeat. You look beautiful and I hope things are going well.
Hi Jenna, This is Belinda Oborn and I am in Newall First Ward. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. Your baby girl is adorable!!! I have a favor; I'm giving a talk on Father's Day. Will you please ask Jared something he admires or loves about his Dad? If you have time, please email me his response ... belindaoborn@yahoo.com
Thank you so much and enjoy your sweet angel! And, I'll see you at the shower in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment