
The fourth of July is the time that we celebrate the beginnings of our country. During this celebration exactly one year ago my sister, Venna, gave me a watch she got for me from China. I loved it and faithfully wore it ever since
Then about six months ago I was carrying groceries in my apartment and the bags were getting so heavy on my arm that they slid down to my wrist and caught on my watch. Somehow during this time the bags broke off the crown of the watch which is the twisty thing that allows you to change the time. That didn't bother me too much because I didn't need to change the time because it was right on.
Then came day light savings and my watch became an hour behind. I went to Time Precision to see if they could change the time for me with their special tools but they said there was nothing they could do. If I wanted to buy a new crown it would cost 40 dollars or something which was totally not worth it. So I decided that I would just translate the time in my head for six months until it became the right time again. Which was only slightly confusing and just made me think a little harder which is good for me.
Well, my watch did not make it to the next day light savings because it died this July 4th, a year after I received it to the day. (It still struggles to keep going, but it's way off.) I realized a few days before it died, that when the battery failed it would be the end of it's life because there was no way to change the time. The only hope would be to give the watch guy instructions to put the battery in right when the hands become the right time, but he would probably charge extra for that.
So alas, I am resting my little friend down in a box just in case I want to revive it, but for now I will just let it wind down and give off its last little ticks.
3 comments:
Jenna! I can't believe I didn't know about your blog! Yay! I know that I don't update my blog often, but I DO spend time reading other people's posts, so keep writing! Hope all is well in the new house. see you soon - cousin amy
This is Luke. I'm kind of like her. I try to update my blog, but I don't have that much time. I am a bookworm, and I don't think I ever stop reading. I spend way more time reading than writing, even on blogger. Anyway, I think that's kind of funny, and find of sad in a funny way. And I started posting again, and I'm waiting for people to start looking at my blog before I Post again. You guys are awesome! Keep writing! See ya'! :)
Jenna, I find the picture on this post to be deceiving. I would not give you that ugly of a watch! :)
I will join with you in mourning over that watch. It was a good watch. It was a cute watch, and it was a watch from China. So I guess it was bound to not last too long. I'm glad it found a good owner and a nice resting place.
Post a Comment