So I woke up this morning with a good feeling. I read my scriptures, said my morning prayers, enjoyed a great cereal that I had not tried before and worked out a bit. I then got ready for the day and was about to head off for work when I realized that I left my purse at my parent's house the night before.
It seemed like no big deal, I could conveniently walk over to my sister's house to borrow her car to run and get my purse. So I walked over there and saw her car in the garage which was promising. I rang the door bell a few times and knocked on the door, but there was no answer. I knew she had to be in there so I decided to do something instead of just standing and waiting. Knowing she had an alarm system I prepared myself mentally for it beeping at me and also for quickly putting in the code they gave me. As I opened the door it sure enough started beeping so I quickly typed in my code which made it stop. Feeling reassured that it worked, I went on to find Venna. The shower was running so I started in that direction. As I got there I heard a loud, "BEEEEEEEP" that freaked me out so much that my adrenaline kicked in to high gear and I ran toward my sister yelling "VENNA!" to get her to turn it off. It scared her to hear me suddenly yelling frantically for her that she yelled back at me asking me what I was doing. She grabbed a towel and ran to turn it off. Needless to say she was not very happy with me. First of all for scaring her and second of all for getting her out of the shower. I told her my situation and she handed me her keys and I tried using her phone. Apparently while I was holding her phone the alarm system people called her and left a message saying that the police were dispatched. I shrank a little from Venna's glare and decided to get out of there.
I took the keys and left only to find the police had already pulled up. I told him who I was and that it was a false alarm and he asked me for all my personal information which I gave in shaky sentences stuttering over simple things like my birthday and address which made them all seem like a big lie. He seemed fine with it all and I left, got my purse at my parent's house and came to return the car to Venna.
Again, she did not answer the doorbell or my multiple knocks. After the last episode I was reluctant to just open the door, but I did it anyway. She gave me the new code because they had changed it without telling me so this time I felt a little better prepared. So I psyched myself up visualizing it in my head beforehand and then went in for the kill. I opened the same door and quickly typed in the code. It stopped beeping so I felt it was alright, but as I walked away from it I heard the unpleasant "BEEEEEP!" again so I jumped into action. (I mixed up the numbers she told me. oops) Scrambling I ran to Venna yelling, "VENNA!" and she was yet again in the shower. She grabbed a towel and hit the code frustrated as heck at me. I felt stupid and frazzled and just wanted to get out of there. I gave her back her keys took her tongue lashing and headed out.
The rest of the day I felt skiddish and on edge. I went to the office only to start out working on a patient that ended up crying from the pain of the powerful bleach on her teeth which I inflicted on her, followed by a surgery procedure on another and then every patient besides that was very sensitive to every little movement I made which puts me on edge anyway. Every touch on their teeth made them wince in pain. Only one out of the many patients was was a regular relaxed patient.
But I made it through work fine and enjoyed playing tennis with Jared afterward. Every now and then for fun we would hit them as hard as we could. My hits resulted in flying the ball in another court which was not the goal but it was really satisfying.
Anyway I have this fear of my sister's house now and only time will tell when I will feel comfortable enough to try to get in. As for now it is off limits. It freaks me out.
Even though today started off so promising you never knew what adventures await.
3 comments:
I am so sorry! I could feel your pain just reading your story. I hope you guys are liking your new house and maybe we will see you soon. love ya
Oh Jenna! You are such a trooper. Days that start off so great are not supposed to go downhill so quickly! But if anyone can weather the storm, you will. And sorry, but the image of Venna lecturing you from her towel is kind of hilarious! I love you guys!
Lousy day, but you're a great storyteller!
Post a Comment