Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Victorious

So as I was going to take a nap, I heard the garbage truck outside. This was our second week in a row missing it and I thought we were already out of luck. But alas, there it was taking the trash on the other side of the street. I saw it go in front of my neighbors' house accross the street, and I thought, "this is my moment." I ran in my pajamas and socks and dragged the heavy can in front of the garbage truck who was fiddling with my neighbors' garbage that fell over. I put it in place happy with what I accomplished when the lid caught the wind and whacked me on the head and it fell over. Disoriented but determined I put it upright again and ran inside to watch the truck take my can. I felt victorious and knew it was going to be a great day. The battle wound on my head was totally worth it and I didn't need a nap anymore.

3 comments:

Tami H. said...

Yea! Way to go, this made me laugh:) I once chased down our recycling truck, running threw my bin in a stroller, ran through the field to the townhouses across and one court down. But, I caught it! Haha, take that recycling man!

Jenna Garns said...

that's awesome! I love it

Kaitlyn and Kyle Shelley said...

Jenna, You are not going to believe this but I got attacked by a garbage can lid too! I'm not joking! I was walking into my house one day and ran right into the corner lid of an industrial garbage can. My face was bleeding and it was horrible. Everyone made fun of me but I'm glad I have a pal who runs into/gets attacked by garbage can lids too. =) I hope your face gets better!