Well this last week we had our last day of church in our great student married ward and I'm kind of sad about it because I have gotten to know everyone so well. This last month my visiting teaching lasted a record high of an hour and a half at one girl's home, and if it wasn't 10 o'clock we probably would have kept chatting. They are just way cool girls.
And I loved my calling in the nursery because those kids were just so entertaining. The twins run and throw things the whole time, a few newcommers panic when their parents leave and become inconsolable, some steal toys from each other, one petite fragile looking girl pushes anyone who is in a one foot radius of her (so we worry about any little kid who strays toward her) and one girl is just plain scared of me (which is pretty funny because every time I come near her to play she scowls at me, turns away to safety and cries. How can I not love that?). Meanwhile we try to teach them about Jesus and get them to say it, but none of them can talk yet and they really don't understand anything that is going on. I love those little people in nursery and I always go away with something new to laugh about.
So this last week we have had some pretty miraculous events. The first started on Saturday night when I realized that I signed up to give someone a meal the next day. We have been slowly eating away at our food supply because we are moving and I searched my mind for anything I could make with what little we had. I gave a sigh of relief to find that we had a little something that we could make. That was the first good thing.
The second was as we were bringing the food over to the people the salad slipped out of my hands and landed face down on the sidewalk. I looked down at it like you have got to be kidding me, but then something caught my eye: the saran wrap was still under parts of it! When Jared noticed this he said, "It's a Christmas miracle!" (He loves saying that) We scooped up what we thought of potentially unharmed and put it back in the bowl. What once was a beautiful salad looked pretty sad, but we didn't care. Then we took the salad that was left on the sidewalk and ate it ourselves... or wait, no we didn't; we threw it away, but I'm sure it would have still been good. We hope the people didn't notice any pieces of dirt or bugs or anything. So far we haven't gotten any complaints so it must have gone over alright. (unless they just didn't want to tell us which would be completely understandable.)
So that was Sunday!
3 comments:
how funny! sounds like a silly thing that I would do. nice to see you blogging again
That is hilarious. I can just see you and Jared down on your hands and knees, scrambling for every last piece. Love you guys :)
Hi Jenna, I just found your blog and your little stories on this post had me laughing. We just moved to ohio 2 weeks ago and just got the internet yesterday, so,its late at night and I am taking advantage. So, ode to your internet poem. ( we don't have cable either by the way, and I like it better without. That way I only waste all my time on the internet :)
Post a Comment